T-STORM 703LV 3% × 3% AR-AFFF is a specially formulated, free flowing, viscous, aqueous film-forming foam concentrate. It forms a vapor suppressing aqueous film on hydrocarbon type fuels or a polymeric membrane on polar solvent/water miscible type fuels. 703LV 3% × 3% AR-AFFF is intended for use at a proportioning rate of 3% (3 parts AR-AFFF to 97 parts water) on hydrocarbon fuels such as gasoline, kerosene, diesel, etc., and on polar solvent fuels such as alcohols, ketones, esters, etc. 703LV 3% × 3% AR-AFFF is specifically formulated for Topside, Type II and Type III applications.
- U.L. listed, Foam Liquid Concentrate
- Used at a 3% proportioning rate on both hydrocarbon and polar solvent fuels
- Suitable for use with either fresh or salt water
- Excellent wetting characteristics when used in combating Class A fuel type fires
- Suitable for use with fiberglass, polyethylene or stainless steel. 703LV is not compatible with galvanized pipe or fittings in an undiluted form
- Suitable for use on hydrocarbon or polar solvent type fuels
- Suitable for use with both air-aspirating foam and standard water fog nozzles
- Economized for Topside applications
- Fixed or portable in-line eductors
- In-line balanced pressures and pump pressure proportioning systems
- Around the pump proportions
- Handline, air-aspirating nozzles with fixed eductor pickup tube
- Foam Chambers
- Standard water fog nozzles for handlines and monitors
- Air-aspirating foam nozzles
- Foam makers for use with either Floating roof storage tanks or Dike/Bund protection systems
Cannot be used in sub-surface applications with polar solvent type fuels.
Aspirating type discharge devices typically generate expansion ratios between 6-10 to 1 when 703LV is mixed with water at the correct ratio. Non-aspirating type devices will typically generate expansion ratios of between 2-4 to 1. Expansion ratios are dictated by the type of discharge device, flow rate and discharge pressure
Recommend application rate on hydrocarbon type fuels is 0.10 gpm/ft.². The recommended minimum application rates for the following specific polar solvent type fuels are:
- IPA – 0.16 gpm/ft²
- METHANOL – 0.13 gpm/ft²
- ETHANOL – 0.14 gpm/ft²
- METHYL ETHYL KETONE – 0.13 gpm/ft²
- ETHYL ACETATE – 0.15 gpm/ft²
- MTBE – 0.15 gpm/ft²
Typical Properties at 77ºF / 25ºC
- Appearance = Off White Gel-Like Liquid
- Specific Gravity = 1.02 g/ml
- pH = 7.7 +/- 0.3
- Viscosity 1500 ± 500 cP*
- *Brookfield #4 Spindle at 30 rpm
If kept in the original unopened and airtight factory supplied container and stored within the temperature range of 35ºF-120ºF (2°C – 49°C), a shelf life of between 20-25 years can be expected. If the AR-AFFF is to be stored in an atmospheric type foam concentrate storage tank whether on mobile apparatus or stationary, limit the airspace above the surface of the concentrate where possible and place a thin layer of quality mineral oil on the surface of the foam concentrate to minimize any effect from evaporation.
T-STORM 703LV is available in pails, drums, or totes.
|Part Number||Description||Approximate Shipping Weight||Approximate Shipping Volume|
|10511||T-STORM foam concentrate, 3%X3% AR-AFFF, 703LVP, 5 gallon (19 L) pail||45 lbs. (20.4 kg)||1.25 ft3. (0.035 m3)|
|10512||T-STORM foam concentrate, 3%X3% AR-AFFF, 703LVD, 55 gallon (208 L) drum||495 lbs. (224.5 kg)||11.8 ft3. (0.335 m3)|
|10513||T-STORM foam concentrate, 3%X3% AR-AFFF, 703LV265T, 265 gallon (1,000 L) tote||2,463 lbs. (1,117 kg)||31.5 ft3. (0.892 m3)|
703LV is biodegradable, low in toxicity and can be treated in sewage treatment plants.