- Aluminum Alloy 6061-T6 extruded forging only.
- (3) Stainless steel set screws for mounting.
- The converter is a powder coated aluminum metal face seal and powder coated aluminum Storz ramp and lugs.
- The NH thread female adapter contains a flat rubber gasket which seals against the male hydrant nozzle.
- The head has a 1/2” relief machine cut around the outside creating a recess for the insertion of highly visible yellow reflective tape
This nut cap Series of Hydrant Converters allows you to Powder Coat for NFPA color coding as well as offering Hi-Visibility Reflective Tape.
Note: Please indicate color when ordering product.
Storz cap and cable construction:
- ASSEMBLY: Both the center cap and the outer ring containing the Storz ramps and lugs is Aluminum alloy 6061-T6 forged extrusion. The outer ring has a 1/2” wide relief machine cut around the outside creating a recess for the insertion of the reflective tape. The cap has a high torque Hydrant Nut and can be removed with a Standard Hydrant Wrench.
- CABLE: 3/32”, (7 x 7) Stainless steel aircraft cable w/ stainless steel eyelet end is supplied with the cap.
- GASKETS: Commercial grade neoprene and molded SBR rubber
- SCREWS: 304 stainless steel socket head screws.
- FINISH: All parts are aluminum. Storz Assembly is Hardcoat Anodized meeting Mil-A-8625-F, dark grey, Type III, Class I spec. Color is available with our Quantum® Hardcoat Anodizing which meets Mil spec 8625 Type III Class II
- ALL COMPONENTS: Meet or Exceed NFPA Specifications
- REFLECTIVE TAPE: Commercial grade reflective urethane film, LS-300c Refl 1, class 1, FP85 type 2, AFTM d4956-94 type 1, 7 year durability, 5.5 mil thickness
|Part ID||Product Option|
|SZMC4045-3-Y||4″ Storz Metalface X 4 1/2″ NH F(3)Set Scr, hi-vi w/Hyd Nut Cap (Color)|
|SZMC5045-3-Y||5″ Storz Metalface X 4 1/2″ NH F(3)Set Scr, hi-vi w/Hyd Nut Cap (Color)|