- Aluminum Alloy 6061-T6 extruded forging only.
- (3) Stainless steel set screws for mounting.
- The converter is hard anodized aluminum metal face seal and hard anodized aluminum Storz ramp and lugs.
- The NH thread female adapter contains a flat rubber gasket which seals against the male hydrant nozzle.
- The head has a 1/2” relief machine cut around the outside creating a recess for the insertion of highly visible yellow reflective tape.
Storz cap and cable construction:
- ASSEMBLY: Both the center cap and the outer ring containing the Storz ramps and lugs is Aluminum alloy 6061-T6 forged extrusion. The outer ring has a 1/2” wide relief machine cut around the outside creating a recess for the insertion of the reflective tape. The cap has a high torque Hydrant Nut and can be removed with a Standard Hydrant Wrench.
- CABLE: 3/32”, (7 x 7) Stainless steel aircraft cable w/ stainless steel eyelet end is supplied with the cap.
- GASKETS: Commercial grade neoprene and molded SBR rubber
- SCREWS: 304 stainless steel socket head screws.
- FINISH: All parts are aluminum. Storz Assembly is Hardcoat Anodized meeting Mil-A-8625-F, dark grey, Type III, Class I spec. Color is available with our Quantum® Hardcoat Anodizing which meets Mil spec 8625 Type III Class II
- ALL COMPONENTS: Meet or Exceed NFPA Specifications
- REFLECTIVE TAPE: Commercial grade reflective urethane film, LS-300c Refl 1, class 1, FP85 type 2, AFTM d4956-94 type 1, 7 year durability, 5.5 mil thickness
|Part ID||Product Option|
|SZMC4045-3-Y||4″ Storz Metalface X 4 1/2″ NH F(3)Set Scr, hi-vi w/Hyd Nut Cap (Color)|
|SZMC5045-3-Y||5″ Storz Metalface X 4 1/2″ NH F(3)Set Scr, hi-vi w/Hyd Nut Cap (Color)|