Haws Model 8315CTFP.8 heat traced combination shower and eye/face wash with redundant freeze bleed valve features a unique 3-way valve which reduces the amount of pressurized pipe and non-pressurized standing water, greatly lowering the amount of “dead leg” water in the system resulting in less opportunity for Legionella growth. Also reduced is the packaging foot print allowing for economical and fast UPS shipment. The unit includes the medically acclaimed AXION MSR eye/face wash head assembly. This revolutionary inverted flow design is the only product on the market that provides a Medically Superior Response consistent with all EMT, emergency room and doctors’ office protocols by sweeping contaminants away from the vulnerable nasal cavity. Traditional eyewashes irrigate from the outside edge of the eye back toward the nose, where contaminants can then be flushed into the nasal cavity through the lacrimal punctum, nature’s ocular cavity drain. AXION MSR also offers a new hydrodynamic shower design that minimizes the strong physical pressure that drives the water to the outer rim making the distribution equal across the entire footprint of the flow. Better use of the water flowing through the shower makes it more effective while providing a more comfortable environment by breaking the streams of water into smaller individual droplets. Built-in safety features include: porting for an optional thermal actuator bleed valve, 120V thermostat cable double wrapped piping, 1″ (2.5 cm) insulation surrounding pressurized piping, and outside jacket to prevent freezing, as well as a universal emergency sign.
- Unique 3-way valve design reduces the amount of ‘dead leg’ water in the system resulting in less opportunity for Legionella growth
- “Easy activation, easy return” static handle eliminates free-floating pull handle designs
- Reduced packaging size allows for UPS shipment with greatly lowered chance for shipping mishaps
- Eyewash streams provide Zero Vertical Velocity™ stream engineering with even laminar flow for enhanced comfort, stability and effectiveness
- Perfect for extreme weather conditions dropping down to -30° F (-34.4° C)
- Electrical system and pressurized plumbing are factory-built and tested
- Basic layout is configurable to accept a variety of accessories to suit each specific installation, including thermal actuator bleed valves, drench hose, foot treadle, and re-circulation loop
- Galvanized steel pipe and fittings requires minimal maintenance and is equipped with test card to record weekly testing
- Rated Class 1, Div 2, Group B, C & D. Temperature code T6. Certified by CSA to meet the ANSI Z358.1 Standard for Emergency Eyewash and Shower Equipment. Model is CSA electrical certified, TYPE 4. (Nema 4 equivalent)
Prop 65 Warning. For California Residents Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Model 8315CTFP.8 freeze protected 120 VAC cable heated combination shower and eye/face wash shall include the 3-way “easy activation, easy return” valve design that provides less ‘dead leg’ water, reducing the threat of Legionella growth. The compact design also allows for economical, safe and fast shipment via UPS. Also provided is the AXION® MSR hydrodynamic designed green ABS plastic 10-5/8″ (26.9 cm) showerhead with integral self-regulating 20 gpm flow control, and AXION MSR eye/face wash head shall feature inverted directional laminar flow which achieves Zero Vertical Velocity™ supplied by an integral 4 gpm flow control. Unit shall also include thermostatically controlled electric heat traced cable protected by 1″ (2.5 cm) insulation and an ABS plastic green jacket that prevents freezing down to ambient temperatures of -30° F, freeze protection bleed valve, powder-coated cast-iron 9″ (22.9 cm) diameter floor flange, universal sign, 1-1/4″ NPT supply, and rated Class 1, Div 2, Group B, C & D with 1.09 amp max. (For Class 1, Div 1 application, please see the 8317CTFPC1D1)