CHEMGUARD 6% AFFF INTL AVIATION is a specially formulated synthetic aqueous film forming foam concentrate. This foam is intended for use at a proportioning rate of 6% (6 parts concentrate to 94 parts water) on Class B hydrocarbon type fuels such as gasoline, kerosene, diesel, etc. AFFF type concentrates are not intended for use on fuels, which are polar solvent/water miscible such as alcohols, ketones, esters, etc.
TYPICAL PROPERTIES AT 77ºF (25ºC)
|Appearance||Clear Amber Liquid|
|pH||7.8 – 8.2|
|Viscosity||2 – 5 cs|
- Rapid flame knockdown
- Suitable for use with fresh or salt water
- Excellent wetting characteristics when used in combating Class “A” fuel fires
- Suitable for use with both aspirating foam and standard water fog nozzles
- Suitable for use with deluge or closed head foam water sprinkler systems
- If inadvertently frozen, thawing will render product completely serviceable again
- Suitable for use with carbon steel, fiberglass, polyethylene or stainless steel.
- Suitable for use with siliconized dry chemical extinguishing agents
Listings and Approvals CAN/ULC-S560 Foam Liquid Concentrate
- Aircraft Rescue Firefighting
- Storage Tanks (non-polar solvent fuels only)
- Truck/Rail Loading or Unloading Facilities
- Processing/Storage Facilities
- Docks/Marine Tankers
- Flammable Liquid Containment Areas
- Mobile Equipment
- Standard water fog nozzles for handlines and monitors
- Air-aspirating foam nozzles
- Foam Chambers
- Air-aspirating and non air-aspirating sprinkler heads or spray nozzles
- Foam makers for use with either Floating Roof storage tanks or Dike/Bund protection systems
- High back pressure foam makers for subsurface base injection system (hydrocarbon type fuels only)
- Fixed or portable in-line eductors
- In-line balanced pressure and pump pressure proportioning skid
- Bladder tank balanced pressure proportioning systems
- Around the pump proportioners
- Handline, air-aspirating nozzles with fixed eductor pickup tube
When this product is proportioned correctly, aspirating type discharge devices can generate expansion ratios between 6-10 to 1. Non-aspirating type devices will typically generate expansion ratios of between 2-4 to 1. Expansion ratios are dictated by the type of Discharge Devices, flow rate and discharge pressure.
CHEMGUARD 6% AFFF INTL AVIATION. is compatible with any other comparable AFFF manufactured in accordance with and conforming to all performance requirements of CAN/ULC-S560 or any preceding version of this specification.
If kept in the original unopened and airtight CHEMGUARD supplied container and stored within the temperature range of 35 °F-120 °F (2 °C to 49 °C) a shelf life of between 20-25 years can be expected. When stored in other than the manufacturers supplied container, please check with CHEMGUARD for storage guidelines.
|C601CP||5 gal (19 L)||47 lb|
|C601CD||55 gal (208 L)||520 lb|
CHEMGUARD C601C is biodegradable, low in toxicity and can be treated in sewage treatment plants. Please refer to CHEMGUARD Technical Bulletin regarding foam products and the environment.