Chemguard 6% AFFF is a specially formulated, synthetic, aqueous film forming foam concentrate. A vapor suppressing aqueous film is formed by the foam solution draining from the expanded foam blanket. It is intended for use at a proportioning rate of 6% (6 parts AFFF concentrate to 94 parts water) on Class B hydrocarbon type fuels such as gasoline, kerosene, diesel, etc. Chemguard 6% AFFF is not intended for use on fuels, which are polar solvent/water miscible such as alcohols, ketones, esters, etc.
- U.L. Listed, Foam Liquid Concentrates
- U.L. Canada Listed
- Performance to ICAO, Doc. # 9137, Part 1, Chapter 8, Level “B” verified
- U.L. recommended application rate on hydrocarbon type fuel is .10/gpm ft²
- Suitable for use with either fresh or salt water
- Excellent wetting characteristics when used in combating Class “A” fuel fires
- Suitable for use with both air-aspirating foam and standard water fog nozzles
- Suitable for use with deluge or closed head foam water sprinkler systems
- If inadvertently frozen, thawing will render product completely serviceable again
- Suitable for use with carbon steel, fiberglass, polyethylene or stainless steel. Chemguard 6% AFFF is not compatible with galvanized pipe or fittings in an undiluted form.
- Suitable for use with dry chemical extinguishing agents
- Fixed or portable in-line educator
- In-line balanced pressure and pump pressure proportioning skid
- Bladder tank balanced pressure proportioning system
- Around the pump proportioner
- Handline, air-aspirating nozzle with fixed eductor pickup tube
- Foam Chambers
- Air-aspirating and non air-aspirating sprinkler heads or spray nozzles
- Standard water fog nozzles for hand lines and monitors
- Air-aspirating foam nozzles
- Foam makers for use with either Floating Roof storage tanks or Dike/Bund protection systems
- High back pressure foam makers for sub-surface base injection system (hydrocarbon fuels)
- Crash Fire Rescue
- Storage Tanks(non-polar solvent fuels only)
- Truck/Rail loading or unloading facilities
- Processing/Storage Facilities
- Docks/Marine Tankers
- Flammable Liquid Containment Areas
- Mobile Equipment
Aspirating type discharge devices typically generate expansion ratios between 6-10 to 1 when 6% AFFF is mixed with water at the correct ratio. Non-aspirating type devices will typically generate expansion ratios of between 2-4 to 1. Expansion ratios are dictated by the type of discharge device, flow rate and discharge pressure.
TYPICAL PROPERTIES AT 77ºF (25ºC)
|Appearance||Clear Slightly Yellow|
Chemguard 6% AFFF is biodegradable, low in toxicity and can be treated in sewage treatment plants. Please refer to Chemguard Technical Bulletin regarding foam products and the environment.
If kept in the original unopened and airtight Chemguard supplied container and stored within the temperature range of 35ºF – 120ºF (2ºC – 49ºC) a shelf life of between 20-25 years can be expected. When stored in other than the manufacturers supplied container, please check with Chemguard for storage guidelines.
ORDERING INFORMATION & WEIGHTS
|C603P||5-Gallon Pail / 19 Liters||45 lbs.|
|C603D||55-Gallon Drum / 208 Liters||495 lbs.|
|C603BD||330-Gallon Tote / 1249 Liters||3000 lbs.|