CHEMGUARD C334-LV 3×3 AR-AFFF (Alcohol Resistant Aqueous Film-Forming Foam) Low Viscosity Concentrate combines fluoro- and hydrocarbon-surfactant technologies to provide superior fire and vapor suppression for Class B, polar solvent and hydrocarbon fuel fires. The low viscosity of this concentrate enables ease of proportioning in a wide range of equipment such as in-line eductors, balanced pressure systems, built-in systems aboard ARFF (Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting) and other emergency response vehicles. This synthetic foam concentrate is intended for forceful or gentle firefighting applications at 3% solution on hydrocarbon fuels and at 3% solution on polar solvent fuels in fresh, salt, or hard water.
CHEMGUARD C334-LV foam solution utilizes three suppression mechanisms intended for rapid fire knockdown and superior burnback resistance:
- The foam blanket blocks oxygen supply to the fuel
- Liquid drains from the foam blanket and forms either:
- An aqueous film on a hydrocarbon fire, or
- A polymeric membrane on a polar solvent fire which suppresses the vapor and seals the fuel surface
- The water content of the foam solution produces a cooling effect for additional fire suppression
|Typical Physiochemical Properties
|Viscous yellow liquid
|1.03 + 0.02 g/ml
|7.0 – 8.5
|1000 + 300 cPs at 77°F (25°C)
|1100 + 300 cPs at 35°F (2°C)
|3 dynes/cm minimum at 3% dilution
|10 °F (-12 °C)
|7 °F (-14 °C)
*Brookfield Viscometer Spindle #4, speed 60 rpm
CHEMGUARD C334-LV Concentrate is a non-Newtonian fluid that is both pseudoplastic and thixotropic. Due to these properties, dynamic viscosity will decrease as shear increases.
The environmentally-mindful CHEMGUARD C334-LV 3×3 AR-AFFF Concentrate formulation contains short-chain, C-6 fluoro-chemicals manufactured using a telomer-based process. The telomer process produces no PFOS, and these C-6 materials do not breakdown to yield PFOA. The fluorochemicals used in the concentrate meet the goals of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency 2010/15 PFOA Stewardship Program.
Approvals, Listings, and Standards
CHEMGUARD C334-LV 3×3 AR-AFFF Concentrate is designed in accordance with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard 11 for Low-, Medium-, and High-Expansion Foam. The concentrate is approved, listed, qualified under, or meets the requirements of the following specifications and standards:
- UL Standard 162, Foam Liquid Concentrates
- UL Listed for use with an extensive array of proportioning and discharge equipment, including sprinklers as required by NFPA 16
- ULC S564, Category 2 Foam Liquid Concentrate
- * EN 1568:2008
- – Parts 3, 4
- FM Approvals – FM 5130
- This concentrate is only FM Approved in conjunction with the specific proportioning equipment and discharge devices as shown in the Approval Guide (www.ApprovalGuide.com)
CHEMGUARD C334-LV 3×3 AR-AFFF Concentrate is intended for use on both types of Class B fires: hydrocarbon fuels with low water solubility, such as crude oils, gasolines, diesel fuels, and aviation fuels; and polar solvent fuels with appreciable water solubility, such as methyl and ethyl alcohol, acetone, and methyl ethyl ketone.
The concentrate also has excellent wetting properties that can effectively combat Class A fires. It may also be used in conjunction with dry chemical agents to provide even greater fire suppression performance.
CHEMGUARD C334-LV Concentrate can be ideal for fixed, semifixed, and emergency response firefighting applications such as:
- Industrial chemical and petroleum processing facilities
- Fuel or chemical storage tanks
- Truck/rail loading and unloading facilities
- Flammable liquid containment areas
- Mobile equipment