T-STORM Structural Firefighting Foam (SFFF) is a non-corrosive, non-toxic, biodegradable foam concentrate. When mixed with water in the correct proportion, it changes the properties of water. It reduces the surface tension of the water, and produces foam, which allows the water to cling to vertical or horizontal surfaces without run off. This allows the water to absorb more heat and provides greater penetration into Class A fuels.
- Water treated with T-STORM SFFF foam concentrate is 3 to 5 times more effective on Class A fires than untreated water
- Water treated with T-STORM SFFF will wet Class A fuels up to 20 times more efficiently than untreated water
- Suitable with either fresh or salt water
- Suitable with non-air aspirating or aspirating hand line nozzles
- Suitable for use on rubber (tires), coal, paper and many other types of Class A fuels
- Suitable through medium expansion nozzles on Class A or contained Class B flammable liquids
- Fixed or portable in-line eductors
- In-line balanced pressure and pump pressure proportioning skid
- Bladder tank balanced pressure proportioning systems
- Around the pump proportioners
- Handline, air-aspirating nozzles with fixed eductor pickup tube
- Hypro Corporation Proportioning Systems
- Flow-Mix™ Model 500 Foam Proportioner
- Balanced Pressure Pump Systems
- In-line Eductor
- Around the Pump Proportioners
- Helicopter Bambi Bucket
- Compressed Air Foam System (CAFS)
- High Expansion Foam Generators
Recommended Dilution Rates
- Helicopter Bambi Bucket 0.3% – 0.5%
- Handline, air-aspirating nozzle 0.3% – 0.5%
- Handline, non-air-aspirating nozzle 0.3% – 0.6%
- Compressed air foam system (CAFS) 0.1% -0.3%
Note: The above rates vary depending on the quality of the foam blanket required.
Finished foam characteristics are dictated by the type of discharge device, flow rate, discharge pressure, and amount of foam concentrate in the water.
Typical Properties at 77ºF / 25ºC
- Appearance = Pale Amber Liquid
- Specific Gravity = 1.010
- pH = 7.5
- Surface Tension at:
- 0.3% Solution is 25.5 Dynes/cm
- 0.5% Solution is 26.1 Dynes/cm
- 0.7% Solution is 24.5 Dynes/cm
- 1.0% Solution is 24.8 Dynes/cm
- Viscosity 20 cps
If kept in the original unopened and airtight factory supplied container and stored within the temperature range of 35ºF-120ºF (2°C – 49°C), a shelf life of between 20-25 years can be expected. When stored in other than the original supplied container, check with Williams Fire & Hazard Control for storage guidelines. If frozen during storage, thawing will render the product completely serviceable.
Note: It is not recommended to pre-mix Class A concentrate with water for long-term storage.
T-STORM SFFF is available in pails, drums, or totes.
|Part Number||Description||Approximate Shipping Weight||Approximate Shipping Volume|
|10522||T-STORM foam concentrate, Structure Fire Fighting, SFFFP, 5 gallon (19 L) pail||45 lbs. (20.4 kg)||1.25 ft3. (0.035 m3)|
|10523||T-STORM foam concentrate, Structure Fire Fighting, SFFFD, 55 gallon (208 L) drum||495 lbs. (224.5 kg)||11.8 ft3. (0.335 m3)|
|10524||T-STORM foam concentrate, Structure Fire Fighting, SFFF265T, 265 gallon (1,000 L) tote||2,463 lbs. (1,117 kg)||31.5 ft3. (0.892 m3|