T-STORM F783B 3% AFFF is a specially formulated, synthetic, aqueous film-forming foam concentrate. A vapor suppressing aqueous film is formed by the foam solution draining from the expanded foam blanket.
T-STORM F783B 3% AFFF is a specially formulated, synthetic, aqueous film-forming foam concentrate. A vapor suppressing aqueous film is formed by the foam solution draining from the expanded foam blanket. It is intended for use at a proportioning rate of 3% (3 parts AFFF concentrate to 97 parts water) on Class B hydrocarbon type fuels such as gasoline, kerosene, diesel, etc. F783B 3% AFFF is not intended for use on polar solvent/water miscible fuels such as alcohols, ketones, esters, etc.
- U.L. Listed, Foam Liquid Concentrates
- U.L. recommended application rate on hydrocarbon type fuels is 0.10/gpm ft²
- U.L. Canada Listed
- Performance to ICAO, Doc. #9137, Part 1, Chapter 8, Level “B” verified
- Suitable for use with fresh or salt water
- Excellent wetting characteristics when used in combating Class “A” fuel fires
- Suitable for use with both aspirating foam and standard water fog nozzles
- Suitable for use with deluge or closed head foam water sprinkler systems
- If inadvertently frozen, thawing will render product completely serviceable again
- Suitable for use with carbon steel, fiberglass, polyethylene or stainless steel. F783B 3% AFFF is not compatible with galvanized pipe or fittings in an undiluted form
- Suitable for use with siliconized dry chemical extinguishing agents
- Fixed or portable in-line eductors
- In-line balanced pressure and pump pressure proportioning skid
- Bladder tank balanced pressure proportioning systems
- Around the pump proportioners
- Handline, air-aspirating nozzles with fixed eductor pickup tube
- Foam Chambers
- Air-aspirating and non air-aspirating sprinkler heads or spray nozzles
- Standard water fog nozzles for handlines and monitors
- Air-aspirating foam nozzles
- Foam makers for use with either Floating Roof storage tanks or Dike/Bund protection systems
- High back pressure foam makers for sub- surface base injection system (hydrocarbon type fuels only)
- Crash Fire Rescue
- Storage Tanks (non-polar solvent type fuels only)
- Truck Rail Loading or Unloading Facilities
- Processing/Storage Facilities
- Docks/Marine Tankers
- Flammable Liquid Containment Areas
- Mobile Equipment
Aspirating type discharge devices typically generate expansion ratios between 6-10 to 1 when 3% AFFF is mixed with water at the correct ratio. Non-aspirating type devices will typically generate expansion ratios of between 2-4 to 1. Expansion ratios are dictated by the type of discharge devices, flow rate and discharge pressure.
Typical Properties at 77ºF / 25ºC
- Appearance Clear Slightly Yellow
- Specific Gravity = 1.020
- pH = 7.7
- Viscosity = 1.5 cps
If kept in the original unopened and airtight factory supplied container and stored within the temperature range of 35ºF – 120ºF (2ºC – 49ºC) a shelf life of between 20-25 years can be expected. When stored in other than the manufacturers supplied container, please check with manufacturer for storage guidelines.
T-STORM F783B is available in pails, drums, or totes.
|Part Number||Description||Approximate Shipping Weight||Approximate Shipping Volume|
|10503||T-STORM foam concentrate, 3% AFFF, F783BP, 5 gallon (19 L) pail||45 lbs. (20.4 kg)||1.25 ft3. (0.035 m3)|
|10504||T-STORM foam concentrate, 3% AFFF, F783BD, 55 gallon (208 L) drum||495 lbs. (224.5 kg)||11.8 ft3. (0.335 m3)|
|10505||T-STORM foam concentrate, 3% AFFF, F783B265T, 265 gallon (1,000 L) tote||2,463 lbs. (1,117 kg)||31.5 ft3. (0.892 m3)|
F783B is biodegradable, low in toxicity and can be treated in sewage treatment plants.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.