|Material Content:||20% Black Kevlar / 80% FR Rayon|
|Material Construction:||1 x 1 Rib Knit|
|Material Weight:||8.0 oz / yd2 (+1 / -.5)|
|Material Color:||Grey (Standard)|
|Color Options Available||Black|
- Enhanced kevlar blend for added strength and durability
- Inherently flame resistant
- No harsh chemical treatments
- Maintains performance values after laundering
- Moderate weight for added thermal protection
- Finished to minimize shrinkage
- Rib knit allows for stretch and shape retention
- Head Design One piece, notched shoulder design
- Bib(Apron) Design —
- Head Layers 2 ply material
- Bib(Apron) Layers —
- Head Length 18″
- Bib (Apron) Length —
- OVERALL LENGTH 18″
- FACE OPENING
- Full Face Opening Circular Measurement 120 mm – 145 mm
- Sewn with 1/2″ elastic. Elastic is encapsulated in material and cover stitched.
- Elastic Face Opening stretches to accommodate a circumference of at least 31″ (800 mm) for ease of donning, snug fit, and proper seal with SCBA.
- Binding of same fabric material to enhance design with a finished look
- Thread 100% Nomex
- Head design with traditional center head seam (comfortable central seam)
- Safety lock cover stitch of seams
- Seam burst strength tests are unsurpassed in industry – 2x or 3x NFPA minimum!
- AIT (ADVANCED INSPECTION THREAD) Hoods regularly have thread that matches the color of the hood (white on white / black on black). When AIT is requested, we use a contrasting thread color, which is especially important for inspection of gear. Any compromise to thread, seams, stitching is easily detected with AIT thread. AIT is available upon request. Contact us for more info.
- Universal size
- NFPA 1971-2013 UL Certified
- Complies with CAL-OSHA Requirements Sections 3406 and 3410(d) and OSHA Rule 29 CFR Part 1910, 269
- ARC Rated hoods comply with NFPA 70E, meeting performance specifications of ASTM F 1959.
- MAJESTIC FIRE APPAREL is able to customize your hood by adding your name, badge number, fire department name, logo. Please contact us for further information.
- PLEASE NOTE: Any aftermarket customization or modification done to a Majestic Fire Apparel hood by any other company beyond MFA (the original manufacturer) will VOID the warranty and will also VOID the NFPA compliancy of the hood.
WARRANTY INFORMATION Your protective hood is warranted, by MFA, Inc., to be free from defects in material and workmanship for one year. This warranty does not cover normal wear or unusual exposures, including abrasive wearing of close-tolerance accessories-such as voice amplifiers. This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties or marketability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. MFA, Inc. shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages.