Since 1968, our experience and focus on the fire service have driven Sutphen to build the industry’s most Extreme Duty Chassis. Every inch of our custom chassis is built to withstand the most severe firefighting conditions.
Since 1968, our experience and focus on the fire service have driven Sutphen to build the industry’s most Extreme Duty Chassis. Every inch of our custom chassis is built to withstand the most severe firefighting conditions. From the cab construction, heavy wall 6061 T6 aluminum extrusions and heavy duty aluminum plate, to the steel box tube design Subframe under cab, our chassis provides superior crash protection and is fully certified to meet all ASME and ECE standards. Our standard double frame rails, cross members, and suspension hangers are Huck Bolted with Grade 8 fasteners, and are bead blasted to prep the surface for better adhesion of the Cathacoat primer and durable Imron top coat paint to ensure that it will be long lasting and safe from corrosion. The front and rear suspension work together resulting in superior handling, a smoother ride, and better turning radius. Interior durability is just as important. We utilize high quality, extreme duty products to provide a rugged interior. There are no plastic trim panels, only heavy duty Durawear seats, headliners, and back wall; full length stainless steel interior door panels; and, durable urethane coated dash, switch console, and engine hood. The bumper is 10-gauge #304 Stainless steel, reinforced with a ¼” steel plate for added crash protection. The grille and headlight housings are 14-gauge #304 stainless steel, never plastic, for durability, and give the chassis that classic Sutphen look. From the moment you see it, you know it’s a Sutphen, and it’s built to last.
- Sutphen doesn’t buy our cabs from other manufacturers, we build our own cab. Sutphen cabs are constructed from heavy wall 6061 T6 aluminum extrusions and heavy duty 5052 aluminum plate. Our chassis meets ASME and ECE standards.
- Steel box tube design sub-frame under cab. The structure is manufactured from 5” structural I-beams jointed to a 4” tube.
- Front and rear suspension work together resulting in superior handling, a smoother ride, and maximum turning radius.
- Chassis surfaces are bead blasted to prep the surface for better adhesion of the Cathacoat primer and durable Imron top coat paint. This ensures te chassis will be long lasting and safe from corrosion.
- Frame rails, cross members, and suspension hangers are Huck Bolted with Grade 8 fasteners.
- 45 degree tilt angle on one piece cab. Tilt cab mounted on isolators and a separate heavy duty pivoting steel sub-frame, for improved ride stronger cab, and reduced cab sub-frame stress.
- The cab interior features high quality, extreme duty materials, resulting in a rugged interior. No need to choose between light or medium duty trim levels. Sutphen is extreme duty, all the time.
- We utilized heave duty custom seating along with Durawear covered headliners and back cab wall. Full length stainless steel interior door panels. Durable urethane coated dash, switch console, and engine hood.
- The grille and headlight housings are 14-guage #304 Stainless Steel, never plastic, for durability and that classic Sutphen look.
- The batteries are mounted in a vented #304 ¼” Stainless Steel box with Dry Deck floor, protected by a removable aluminum cover. This protects the batteries from the elements and road dirt.
- Batter wiring is 3.0 welding cable with molded terminal ends, stamped with function.
- Brake and electrical harnesses are covered in flexible, high temperature, plastic loom and secured within the frame rail, spaced every 12” – 24”. This protects them from debris and damage, reducing the wear and tear and also increasing longevity. To increase the reliability, and serviceability of the electrical system, Sutphen has added distribution modules.
- Wiring is color coded XL high temperature crosslink, function and number coded every 4”. All electrical terminals and connectors are coated with liquid black sealer where needed. Multi connections are through Deustch weatherproof connectors, other connections are made with heat shrink terminals for corrosion protection.
- Cabs area available in 56”, 62”, and 73” lengths, with raised roof options of 10”, 15”, and 20”.
- Fenders are polished stainless steel, space from the cab side to reduce road dirt build up.
- Multiple options for in cab compartments provide additional storage space for gear and equipment.
- Available engine options include Cummins ISC, ISL, and ISX in 330 HP to 600 HP
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.