Chemguard First Class is a non-corrosive, non-toxic, biodegradable Class A foam concentrate. When mixed with water in the correct proportion, it changes the properties of water. It reduces the surface tension of the water, and produces foam, which allows the water to cling to vertical or horizontal surfaces without run off. This allows the water to absorb more heat and provides greater penetration into Class A fuels.
- UL Classified
- Fully Qualified by the USDA Forest Service as a Class “A” foam concentrate under USDA Forest Service Specification #5100-307
- Fully Qualified within Canada for CL215 and CL415 Fixed-Wing Air Tankers.
- Fully Qualified for Fixed-Tank Helicopter
- Reduces water consumption by 3 to 5 times
- Can be used with either fresh or salt water
- Suitable with non-air-aspirating or aspirating handline nozzles
- Suitable for use in Helicopter Bambi bucket, Compressed Air Foam Systems(CAFS)
- Suitable for use through medium expansion nozzles on Class “A” or contained Class “B” flammable liquids.
- Suitable for use on rubber (tires), coal, paper and many other types of Class “A” fuels
- Suitable for use with high expansion foam generators
- Does not contain reportable components under Sara Title III, Sec. 313F/40 CFR-372 or CERCLA
- May be premixed for use as a foaming agent or for use as a wetting agent.
RECOMMENDED DILUTION RATES WHEN USED AS A FOAM CONCENTRATE
- Helicopter Bambi Bucket 0.5% – 0.7%
- Handline, air-aspirating nozzle .3% – .5%
- Handline, non-air-aspirating nozzle .3% – .6%
- Compressed air foam system (CAFS) 0.1% – 1.0%
Note: The above rates vary depending on the quality of the foam blanket required.
DILUTION RATE WHEN USED AS A WETTING AGENT
- System operating pressure
- Type of discharge device
- Amount of foam concentrate in the water
PROPORTIONING WHEN USED AS A FOAM CONCENTRATE
- Hypro Corporation Proportioning Systems
- Model 500 Foam Proportioner
- Balanced Pressure Pump Systems
- In-line Eductor
- Around the Pump Proportioners
The Forest Service Standard tests the agent at dilution rates of 0.1% to 1.0% for use on Class “A” fuels. First Class combines excellent wetting characteristics with great foam formation for superior effectiveness on Class “A” fires. Use in ground trucks, CAFS Sytems, helicopter and fixed wing aircraft with buckets, scooper, and tanks. Contains no hazardous materials.
NFPA 18 provides for performance testing on Class “A” fuels as well as Class “B” fuels. First Class has been tested at 0.5% as wetting agent.
TYPICAL PROPERTIES AT 77ºF (25ºC)
|Appearance||Pale Amber Liquid|
|Surface Tensionfirstname.lastname@example.org% Solution 26.99 Dynes/cm|
If kept in the original unopened and airtight Chemguard supplied container and stored within the temperature range 32ºF-120ºF (0ºC – 49ºC), a shelf life of 20-25 years can be expected. When stored in other than the manufacturer’s supplied container, check with Chemguard for storage guidelines. If frozen during storage, thawing will render the product completely serviceable. Note: It is not recommended to pre-mix Class “A” concentrate with water for long-term storage.
|FCP||5-Gallon Square Pail / 19 Liters||45 lbs.|
|FCD||55-Gallon Drum / 208 Liters||495 lbs.|