All-aluminum and stainless steel barge pumping system
DESMI have developed a range of Barge & Bilge pump-off units to safely, quickly and efficiently empty storage barges regardless of content. The BPU’s satisfy a range of flows and barge tank depths using the famous DOP, positive displacement pumps.
The BPU 250 is an all-aluminum and stainless steel permanent mount barge pumping system.
The system can be designed to any hatch diameter and depth due to a proprietary design which places the pump at the bottom of the tank, taking full advantage of the DOP pump’s impressive flow and discharge head to evacuate the fluids, regardless of viscocity.
The system can be configured with a wide range of hydraulic and discharge connections, as well as local speed control for full function independent of the power source. This eliminates the need for communication between the power pack operator and the pump station by bringing the speed and directional control to the hatch where the offloading operation is taking place.
The BPU can be fitted with any of the three sizes of DOP pump to accommodate a wide range of operational requirements for various industries. The use of a hydraulic pump, separately located from the power pack makes the BPU the proven option for use in explosive and flammable atmospheres.
Advantages of BPU
- No electrical supply involved.
- All hydraulic drive is supplied from a remote power pack.
- Dry break fluid couplings as standard to avoid deck spills.
- Once the BPU is installed, there is no heavy or awkward lifting involved.
- The famous DOP pump can handle almost any fluid, from light to very heavy.
- The pump controls are mounted on the top plate for ease of operation.
- Quick, safe and efficient barge pump out is ensured.
Life Cycle Costs
- Standard DOP pumps result in uniformity of spares
- No line shafts or intermediate bearings extends life and reduces weight
- Proven Oil Spill Technology
Pump Rate: Up to 125 m3 per hour (550 US gpm)
Max. Discharge Pressure: 10 bar / 145 psi
Viscosity Range: The DESMI DOP-250 DUAL pump can handle product that will flow
Temperature Range: -15 to +60oC
Pump Inlet: Ø 250 mm / 10 in (screw diameter)
Pump Outlet: Typically, 4, 5 or 6”Camlock or Dry Break or other
DIN and ANSI flanges also available
- Seawater resistant aluminium and stainless steel.
- High tensile plate wheel & high alloy steel screw.
Max. hydraulic requirements:
- Flow: 160 L/min. (42 US gpm)
- Pressure: 210 bar (3,050 psi)