As a solid float fence type of boom it is immediately ready for deployment in the event of an oil spill in a harbour, jetty, lake or other protected water area.
The standard section length is 15 metres and the connection type is the well-proven U-bolt system which is so simple that missing parts can be easily sourced locally.
As the weight of the boom is only 1.5 kg/m a 15 metre section has a weight of only 22 kg.
The fabric used is PP and the floats are made of HDPE. This simple boom has vertical stiffeners which are made from fumigated bamboo rods which can also be immediately burned.
If you would like more information regarding this training course or the delivery of training to suit your needs, please contact our training department
- Extremely lightweight and can be handled and deployed easily by 1 or 2 people
- Contrary to many other types of boom this boom is based upon materials well known to be accepted for burning after use. Only the chain needs to be removed.
- Despite the low cost, it is still fully UV and oil resistant
- Manufactured from HDPE and PP, with bamboo rods to add rigidity to the boom
- The boom has a standard length of 15m, and is provided in a lightweight bag which is easy to handle
- No ancillary equipment required for deployment or recovery
- Can be easily re-packed for future deployments once recovered
|Freeboard:||0.25 m / 10 in|
|Draught:||0.5 m / 20 in|
|Width (Deflated):||0.75 / 30 in|
|Standard length:||15 m / 49 ft|
|Skirt material:||Coated PP|
|Flo. Member length:||0.31 m / 12 in|
|Weight:||1.5 kg/m / 1lb/ft|
|Res. Buoyancy:||5.8 kg/m / 1.77 lb/ft|
|Ballast material:||El galvanised chain|
|Ballast weight:||0.3 kg/m / 2 lb/ft|
|Tension members to support the boom:||3|
|Tension member strength:||3xPE band, each 12000 N|
|Fabric tensile strength:||50 N/mm|
|Section storage volume:||0.4 m3|
|Section weight:||22 kg|
|Packed dimension for the bag:||95x80x37cm|