SIL1 Certified MX 43 is a Flexible, High Quality, Easy to Use Gas Detection System
Fully scalable, and designed to functional safety performance level 1 standards, the MX 43 is an analog and digital controller that continuously measures and controls gases in the atmosphere. The MX 43 gas detector manages both digital lines and analog channels, and covers all needs for a wide variety of gas monitoring applications. The MX 43 digital technology allows up to 32 detectors to be distributed on 8 lines for increased cost savings.
USB Module for Improved Storage Capacity
Teledyne Gas and Flame Detection has improved the storage capacity of its MX 43 controller by adding an USB module. The USB option provides the user the following benefits:
- continuous data logging on the USB key at a user defined sampling rate from 2 seconds to 15 minutes,
- recording in real-time of all events (alarms, faults, alarm resets, calibration etc.)
- automatic backup of the configuration
- automatic backup of the firmware
- loading a configuration or a firmware file from the USB stick in order to restore or update the system easily.
The 4GB USB drive fitted with the USB kit, provides a recording capacity of more than 2 years (18 months in the worst case for a controller equipped with 32 detectors), a 2 second sampling rate (32 measurements every 2 seconds), and 100 events per day per gas detector (3200 events per day).
The COM 43 Programming CD
The MX 43 is now available with a programming CD that is compatible with any MX 43 controllers already in use. The COM 43 is a simple application that gives user access to the advanced features of the MX 43 controller and makes programming fast and easy to do on one’s own. Users save precious time by configuring the controller’s parameters on their computer and transferring these parameters directly to the MX 43 using a USB cable.
Programming is quick and easy: the COM 43 application can be installed on a computer from a CD and gives access to all of the controller’s options:
- Configuration of measurement channels
- Simplified relay programming
- Up to 5 on-board functions: OR, AND, NOR, NAND, VOTING
- Advanced management of audible alarms with timer options (holding time, automatic acknowledgment, reactivation, evacuation)
COM 43 is equipped with useful features that make programming your MX43 gas detector easy, quick, and secure:
- Graphic display for easy relay programming
- Architecture displayed progressively as the programming process is completed
- Access to an Teledyne Gas and Flame Detection gas monitor library pre-programmed according to industry standards
- Highly practical “copy-paste” function saves time by preventing programming errors from one sensor to the next
- “Verification/validation” feature to ensure correct programming and to flag any programming errors before validating
- Transfer settings to the controller in just a few seconds
The CD also contains the French and English user manuals for the COM 43 and the MX 43 controller.