Using water as a fire suppressant in areas where electronics operate and irreplaceable, high-value assets are stored, could be as devastating as fire itself. The SAPPHIRE Clean Agent System quickly suppresses fires and protects sensitive equipment without causing harm to people or the environment. The system is especially suited to suppress fires in areas where an electrically non-conductive medium is required, where electronic systems cannot be shut down in an emergency, where cleanup of other agents poses a problem, and in normally occupied areas that demand a non-toxic agent.
The SAPPHIRE system uses 3M Novec 1230 fire protection fluid for total flooding applications. The clear, colorless agent has zero ozone depletion potential, an atmospheric lifetime of just five days, and a global warming potential of 1.0. The SAPPHIRE system suppresses a fire before it can be fully engaged and once the fire is suppressed, Novec 1230 quickly evaporates without harming any valuable assets.
The fluid can be used in total flooding fire suppression applications such as:
- Data processing centers
- Tape storage vaults
- Occupied or unoccupied electronic areas with very sensitive or irreplaceable equipment
- Telecommunications including cellular sites and switching centers
- Military systems including combat vehicles and marine engine rooms
- Transportation including merchant marine vessels and mass transit vehicles
- Recreation including pleasure craft and race cars
Additional system features:
- Effective on Class A, B and C fires
- Long-term, sustainable alternative to Halon, HFCs, and PFCs
- UL/ULC listed and approved
- FM Approved
Tank assemblies are available in 25 Bar or 42 Bar.
The agent tank assemblies are manufactured in accordance with DOT 4BW450 and consist of a tank fitted with a valve and internal siphon tube. Eight partially filled tank sizes are available. Tanks are super pressurized with dry nitrogen to 360 psi (25 bar) or 610 psi (42 bar) at 70 °F (21 °C).