ANSUL Vehicle Fire Protection – An Owner’s Manual for Ansul Fire Suppression/Detection Systems [PDF]
The LVS Liquid Agent Fire Suppression System utilized in a stand-alone system protects off-road equipment such as above-ground and sub-surface mining equipment, including haul trucks, wheeled loaders, dozers, scoop trams, and shuttle cars.
The system is also well suited for other off-road vehicles such as landfill equipment; forestry vehicles; construction equipment; and specialty vehicles such as slag pot carriers, iron/steel slab carriers and tunnel boring equipment. Additional applications include on-road vehicles such as public transportation, waste management, over-the-road trucking, and cargo transport.
LVS agent is a wet chemical agent that is a unique blend of organic and inorganic salts, coupled with surface active ingredients. This blend provides a strong measure of freeze protection along with the foaming properties associated with conventional Class B liquid agents. The agent flows readily into areas where flammable liquids may settle. It provides both fire suppression and superior cooling of superheated surfaces while blanketing the fuel and cutting off oxygen to help prevent reflash.
LVS is part of the ANSUL fire suppression system designed to suppress fires in mobile equipment used in a wide range of industries, underground and surface mining, forestry/logging, construction, waste management, metal processing, transportation, power generation, agribusiness, and others.
Additional system features:
- Versatility – Stand-alone liquid agent system or in a twin-agent concept with dry chemical
- Wet chemical agent – A blend of organic and inorganic salts coupled with surface active ingredients
- Pre-mixed 3 gal (11.4 L) to 5 gal (18.9 L) containers – Allows for convenient filling of the agent tank
- Effective on Class A and Class B fires
- LVS Agent Shelf Life of 25 Years
- Ease of Maintenance and Recharge
- Proven external pressurization cartridge – Provides constant nozzle pressure and full discharge pattern
- Utilizes standard SAE 100R1 or 100R5 hose
- Flexible design and installation parameters
- Multiple detection and actuation options
- CE Marked and FM Approved
- AS 5062 Compliant