Using innovative iFLOW delivery technology, the INERGEN® 300-Bar Clean-Agent Fire Suppression System provides a regulated agent discharge into the protected hazard area.
INERGEN agent is composed of naturally-occurring gases found in the air we breathe. Unlike other inert gas agents, INERGEN agent includes a small percentage of carbon dioxide which enhances its ability to sustain life in a reduced oxygen atmosphere. INERGEN agent is nontoxic, does not produce corrosive decomposition products when exposed to fire and is designed to protect valuable or sensitive assets that could be damaged by conventional agents. When discharged, it will not produce a fog, so escape routes will remain visible. And in the aftermath of an incident, the agent simply returns to the atmosphere in its natural state causing no environmental impact.
During a typical inert gas system discharge, peak pressure and flow spikes occur. It is these peaks that are used to determine the pipe size specification and venting requirements. The iFLOW system reduces pressure spikes in the distribution pipe network during discharge. This allows for the use of smaller diameter, lower pressure-rated piping and reduced pressure relief venting requirements. An enhancement to the proven agent technology, the innovative iFLOW technology is based on three main elements:
- The iFLOW valve reduces the peak pressure and regulates the flow at a nominal pressure of 60 bar (870 psi) in the 300 bar (4350 psi) system, while maintaining the ability to achieve 95% of the system design concentration within 60 or 120 seconds.
- The iFLOW horizontal check valve minimizes installation time by facilitating the interconnection of containers and, in many cases, eliminates the need for a discharge manifold.
- The iFLOW matrix system offers design flexibility and adaptation to complex architectural spaces. When compared with traditional racking, the matrix system allows storage containers to be positioned in traditional rows or around objects providing more flexibility during installation and quicker removal of containers from the bank during recharge and maintenance.
Applications that benefit from INERGEN Fire Suppression Systems:
- Air traffic control towers
- Art galleries
- Clean manufacturing
- Computer rooms
- Cultural/historical sites
- Data centers
- Health care facilities
- Machinery spaces
- Mass transit control rooms
- Mining/motor control centers
- Offshore facilities
- Power generation facilities
- Switchgear rooms