8FKF and 8FKR High Volume Pump
Hale’s 8FK was designed specifically for high flow industrial firefighting applications. The K gearbox used in the 8FK uses helical gears for strength and for quiet operation. Available with a split shaft, PTO, or drive thru gearbox allows the 8FK to be used in many different applications. The compact design requires less space in your truck freeing up space for water, foam, or equipment.
The closer you look, the more you will appreciate our quality and design. Because we build our pumps with nothing but the finest materials and components, assembled as only the most experienced craftsmen know how.
- Maintenance-free mechanical seal eliminates pump packing adjustments and maintenance
- Very compact design requires less space in your truck
- High quality fine grain bronze impeller
- Available with Split Shaft or PTO gearbox
Features and Benefits Performance
- 3000 GPM NFPA rating (11,355 LPM) – the largest rating in the industry
- Designed specifically for high volume fire fighting applications
- Designed for fire trucks
Cast Iron One-Piece Pump Volute
- Compact design requires less space in truck
- ASA flange connections for discharge and suction
- Volute position to front (for industrial ratings) or rear (for fire ratings)
Split Shaft Gearbox
- Truck mountable
- No separate engine is required resulting in cost savings
- Reliable Air Shift for pump to road gear changes
Mechanical Seal Self-adjusting, self-lubricated maintenance-free mechanical seal
- Hale “K” Gearbox – 18,500 Lb. FT of drive torque is ideal for high powered engines
- Highest horsepower rating — rated for up to 550 HP engines.
- Utilizes all available horsepower
- Flexible gear ratio combinations to match various engines
- Water cooled with pump water via triple cooling tubes
- High contact ratio gearing transfers more power with less noise
- Low maintenance
Bronze Impeller with Replaceable Bronze Clearance Rings High quality fine grain mixed flow bronze impeller, hand ground and individually balanced with front and rear replaceable bronze clearance rings.
- Pump Type Single cutwater end suction centrifugal pump mounted on a gearbox.
- Pump Body and Head Fine grain alloy cast iron standard with bronze alloy available upon request. Ruggedly constructed and accurately machined. Hydrostatically tested to 500 psi to
ensure safe high pressure operation. Carefully engineered smooth waterways for maximum pumping efficiency.
- Impeller Fully enclosed, high strength bronze impeller fully machined and hand balanced. Smooth internal waterways and mixed flow impeller vanes for highest efficiency and lift capacity. Balanced for reduced bearing loads.
- Clearance Rings Two renewable bronze clearance rings, one front, and one rear of impeller for higher efficiency.
- Pump Shaft Heat treated stainless steel for corrosion resistance and high strength. Pump shaft supported by high capacity roller bearings for maximum life and minimum wear.
- Suction 8 x 13 ASA flange connection provided as standard.
- Discharge 6 x 9 ASA flange connection provided as standard.
- Pump Seal Balanced mechanical seal with special design silicon carbide and carbon pump shaft seal seats for maximum resistance to thermal shock, sand and mud. Self lubricating and self adjusting mechanical seal for long life.
- Gearbox Shall be designed and tested at the pump manufacturer’s factory. (No exceptions). Pump Gearbox shall be of sufficient size to withstand up to 18,500 Lb. FT of drive torque of the engine in both road and pump operating conditions. The gearbox shall be designed of ample capacity for lubrication reserve and to maintain the proper operating temperature. Gearbox shall be close coupled to the pump. (No exceptions)
- Gearbox Drive Shafts Shall be of heat treated chrome nickel steel and at least 2-3/4 inches in diameter, on both the input and output drive shafts. They shall withstand the full torque of the engine in both road and pump operating conditions.
- All Drive and Pump Gears Shall be of highest quality electric furnace chrome nickel steel. Bores shall be ground to size and teeth integrated crown-shaved and hardened, to give an extremely accurate gear for long life, smooth, quiet running and higher load carrying capability. An accurately cut high contact ratio helical design shall be provided. (No exceptions).
- Pump Ratio Shall be selected by the apparatus manufacturer to give maximum performance with the engine and transmission selected.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.