Purple K Dry Chemical is a high performance extinguishing agent most effective for dealing with flammable liquid fires. Purple K is suitable for use on Class B and Class C fires.
Typical Uses For flammable liquid hazards in public areas such as offices, classrooms, churches, parking garages, and hotel/ motel assembly halls and guest areas. For flammable liquid hazards in businesses such as retail stores, light manufacturing facilities, research facilities, auto dealerships, vehicle/aircraft/marine service centers, and manufacturing processes such as painting, dipping, and coating.
Not recommended for use on sensitive electronic equipment.
- Model: 5 PK V/B
- Pt. # Alum. Valve: 25914 (25915)
- Pt. # Brass Valve: N/A
- Agent Capacity: 5 lb. (2.27 kg)
- UL/ULC Rating: 20-B:C
- Temperature Range: -65° to 120°F (-54° to 49°C)
- Discharge Time: 9 sec
- Discharge Range ft (m): 12-18 (3.7-5.5)
- Operating Pressure: 195 psi (1344 kPa)
- Mounting Type: Vehicle
- USCG Approval: Type B:C Size I
- Ship Weight: 10.25 lb. (4.7 kg)
- Unit Height: 16.375 in (41.6 cm)
- Unit Width: 7.25 in (18.4 cm)
- Unit Diameter: 4.25 in (10.8 cm)