- Exceptional 99.97% filter efficiency meets NIOSH P100-series test criteria
- Versatile protection against many oil and non-oil based particulate contaminants
- Nuisance odor relief for organic vapor levels below the Permissible Exposure Level (PEL)
- Bayonet compatibility allows use with many 3M™ half and full facepiece designs
- Wide range of applications reduces inventory needs and training requirements
NIOSH approved for environments containing certain oil and non-oil based particles. 3M recommended for nuisance level organic vapor relief and for ozone protection up to 10X OSHA PEL.
Do not use for respiratory protection against organic vapors or in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH). The 2097 is commonly used for welding, brazing, torch cutting, metal pouring and soldering. Inventory needs and training requirements of safety equipment are reduced because this filter works for many different applications. This filter is commonly used in the following industries: agriculture, construction, general manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, primary metals.
The filter works with a wide range of facepieces, including 3M™ Half and Full Facepieces 6000, 7000 and FF-400 Series. If used with 3M™ Adapter 502, the filter may also be used with 3M™ Respirator 5000 Series or 3M™ Cartridge 6000 Series. The filter is NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) approved for environments containing certain oil and non-oil based particles. The filter has been assigned the color code “Magenta” in the NIOSH system. Passing NIOSH’s P-series test criteria, the 2097 P100 filter provides at least 99.97 percent filter efficiency against particles.
Breathing hazardous particles can pose a risk to your health. NIOSH, a Federal government regulatory agency, has tested and approved the 3M™ Particulate Filter 2097 to help reduce exposure